MANGO + COCONUT CREAMSICLES

mango and coconut creamsicles

If summer in Brisbane had a flavour, I'm reasonably sure that it would taste like these creamsicles. Fruity, mango-y, creamy. I really, really, like these creamsicles. You know what I like even more? How smile-inducingly simple they are. There's no need for added sugar, or topping up with liquids. Throw everything in the blender and you're there. The perfect summer dessert, no?

A few weeks ago, my mum and I split a tray of lovely mangoes. And, for a few days, Adam and I ate mangoes at nearly every meal. Sliced over breakfast, creamsicle after lunch - heck, we even had Laura's marinated cucumber noodles over a thick wedge of mango. The good news is, mango season is far from over (it's not even officially summer yet). And I'm pretty sure that I'm going to spend most of summer subsisting on LARGE quantities of fruit. Because as I've mentioned before, I do not handle heat well (yesterday it was certifiable disgusting - over 30 C (86F) and 65% humidity - needless to say I spent most of the day napping), which means that any food that is cold and only requires a minimum of peeling and cutting is fair game.

mangomango toocreamsicles ready for the freezeruntitledcreamsicles in a rowbest summer dessert   

mango + coconut creamsicles.
makes 10   

recipe notes.
  • My popsicle moulds take 1/3 cup of mixture (which I think is pretty standard).
  • I'm going to be pretty insistent on using the vanilla bean directly. Extract isn't going to cut it here.
  • You'll also need 10 popsicle sticks - I can pick these up pretty easily from a newsagent or craft store.

ingredients.

450 g mango flesh (2 large mangoes' worth)
1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
1/4 lime, juiced
1 can (270 ml) whole coconut milk

In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Evenly pour into your popsicle moulds. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for a further 2-3 hours, until fully frozen. To enjoy, run the mould under a little hot water to loosen the creamsicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment